BUSINESS MODEL COMPETITIONS & IDEATION / INCUBATION / SCALING / FUNDING MENTORING WORKSHOPS FOR 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS IN SELECT STATES IN INDIA
(An Initiative of TotalStart for Fostering Entrepreneurship in Underdeveloped Regions and Underprivileged Communities)
TOTALSTART RE-LAUNCHES MICRO AND SMALL DISTRICT ENTREPRENEURS INCUBATION AND SCALING PROGRAMS IN SELECT STATES IN INDIA OF ANDHRA PRADESH, ASSAM, BENGAL, BIHAR, JHARKHAND, MANIPUR/MIZORAM, MEGHALAYA, ODISHA, SIKKIM, TELENGANA, TRIPURA, UTTARAKHAND & UTTAR PRADESH. HUNT FOR MINIMUM 50 MICRO OR SMALL BUT SCALABLE DISTRICT ENTERPRISES IN SELECT 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS ACROSS 13 STATES IS ON TILL 31st. MARCH 2019. URGENTLY REGISTER BELOW:
“Catalyzing, Mentoring, Curating, Incubating, Funding and Scaling of Micro and Small District Entrepreneurs (MSEs), this also includes Food Producers Organizations (FPOs) and Producers Organizations (Clusters), in Underdeveloped Regions and Underprivileged Communities ” which we are presently carrying out in 25 Regional District Hubs across 13 states in India, through 100 two day workshops followed by 2 or 3 days of local business diligence of the selected 4 to 6 micro and small enterprises in the workshops, and ultimately choosing at minimum 50 MSEs, 2 from each Regional District Hub, to scale to Rs 50 crores in next 5 to 7 years time. This exercise we are doing for year 2017-2018 and 2018-2019, to catalyze and curate the first cohort of minimum 50 to work with. We have started this initiative as early as 2013 in a small way in 2 states, and now we are scaling up.
OUR GOAL ALONG WITH ALL STAKEHOLDERS FOR YEAR 2017-18 & 2018-19 AND BEYOND
- Focus on 25 regional district hubs across select 13 states in India for the intervention to develop the entrepreneurship development ecosystem at the grass roots to catalyze, mentor, curate, incubate, invest and scale micro and small entrepreneurs (Including FPOs and POs/Clusters) and DIPP,GOI category defined start-ups in years 2017-2018 & 2018-2019. We will try to catalyze at least 20% of these from women entrepreneurs or women engaging enterprises.
- Carry out 1 business model competition in year 2017-2018 & year 2018-2019 between October 2017 till March 2019 at each selected regional district hubs, 25 all together in 13 states in India.
- Carry out 4 two to three day workshop in each selected regional district hub before each business model competition which are to be conducted bi-annually towards grooming and giving the foundation level directions to the participating and later selected micro and/or small entrepreneurs at the business model competitions. On the basis of the number of micro or small entrepreneurs who are chosen for the business model competition at the first workshop, the second workshop can be of 2 or 3 days duration. The workshops involve high levels of one to one mentoring and handholding followed by 2 to 3 days of half day due diligence of each of the 4 to 6 selected MSEs at the workshop.
- All business model competitions and workshops will be done at District Industries Centre HQ town, carried out by expert entrepreneur or intrapreneur mentors,
- Goal of this intervention program is to every two years have at least 10 to 20 highly scalable and fundable micro or small entrepreneurs at each regional district hub.
- The Purpose of this Exercise: Bi-Annually scout/hunt and select 10 to 20 micro or small entrepreneurs from the existing/prospective entrepreneurs or start ups from each Regional District Hub, after working with 100+ of them across each of the 25 Regional District Hubs across 13 states in India, who can be mentored, nurtured, scaled through a 1 year acceleration program or a 2 year mentoring program and then funded for high growth to the level of INR 50 crores in the following 5 years and INR 100 crores in 10 years.
- We follow a strict methodology and engage with only serious players as we should have a mandate to fund at least 50 scalable entrepreneurs every two year to scale for high growth, from our network VC funds, our own Angel Network Fund and Government mandated MSE funds and several financial institutions with whom we are engaging with.
- The select Regional District Hubs in the select states are as given below.
- 3 regional district hub in Andhra Pradesh constituting of 12 districts
- 2 regional district hubs in Assam constituting 8 districts
- 3 regional district hubs in Bengal constituting of 12 districts
- 2 regional district hubs in Bihar constituting of 8 districts
- 3 regional district hubs in Jharkhand constituting of 12 districts in Jharkhand
- 1 regional district hub in Meghalaya constituting of 3 districts in Meghalaya
- 1 regional district hub in Manipur/Mizoram constituting of 3 districts in Manipur/Mizoram
- 2 regional district hub in Odisha constituting of 6 districts in Odisha
- 1 regional district hub in Sikkim constituting 2 districts in Sikkim,
- 1 regional district hub in Tripura constituting 3 districts in Tripura
- 2 regional district hubs in Telengana constituting of 8 districts
- 1 regional district hub in Uttarakhand constituting of 3 districts
- 3 regional district hubs in Uttar Pradesh constituting of 12 districts
- 24 MONTHS
- 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS across 13 states (each regional district hub comprises of select adjacent districts with the core district HQ acting as the HUB)
- 13 STATES
- 50 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUB LEVEL 2 DAYS MENTORING WORKSHOPS ON SCALING AND FUNDING
- ABOUT 1250 LOW ENGAGEMENT MENTORING CONNECTS WITH MICRO AND SMALL DISTRICT LEVEL ENTREPRENEURS, 50 IN EACH REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS
- 300 DIRECT MENTORING INTENSIVE ENGAGEMENT WITH MICRO AND SMALL DISTRICT LEVEL ENTREPRENEURS ACROSS 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS
- 100 TO 150 DAYS OF DUE DILIGENCE OF 4 TO 6 DISTRICT ENTREPRENEURS PER REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS FOR ALL 25 OF THE HUBS
- AT LEAST THE DISCOVERY OF 100 POTENTIALLY SCALABLE AND FUNDABLE DISTRICT LEVEL MICRO OR SMALL ENTREPRENEURS
- 1 GRAND BUSINESS MODEL COMPETITION FOR MINIMUM SELECTED 100 DISTRICT ENTREPRENEURS WITH MINIMUM 4 FROM EACH 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS
- AWARD OF PRIZE INVESTMENT OF RS 50 LAKHS, RS 30 LAKHS AND RS 20 LAKHS FOR THE TOP THREE
- EXPOSURE TO ALL 100 DISTRICT ENTREPRENEURS TO TOP VCs, ANGEL FUND NETWORKS AND INVESTMENT HEADS OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
- AND A MAJOR BUZZ ACROSS ALL 25 REGIONAL DISTRICT HUBS FOR GOING THE PATH OF BECOMING SCALABLE ENTREPRENEURS AT DISTRICT LEVELS WHICH CAN TARGET A GROWTH OF RS 50 CRORES IN NEXT 5 YEARS AND RS 100 CRORES IN NEXT 10 YEARS
- CREATION OF REGIONAL DISTRICT HUB LEVEL WHATSAPP GROUPS FOR POTENTIALLY SCALABLE DISTRICT ENTREPRENEURS; STATE LEVEL FACEBOOK GROUPS FOR AGGREGATED REGIONAL DISTRICT HUB LEVEL ENTREPRENEURS FOR THE STATE – FOR CONTINUOUS ENGAGEMENT, SHARING AND INTERACTION
- WORKING WITH THE 100 SELECTED POTENTIALLY SCALABLE ENTREPRENEURS ON A 2 YEAR LONG FOCUSED SCALING AND INVESTMENT ENGAGEMENT FOR GROWTH WITH INVOLVEMENT OF IMPORTANT CONTRIBUTING STAKE HOLDERS FROM THE NATIONAL. STATE AND DISTRICT GOVERNMENT AND ADMINISTRATIONS, VCs AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, EXTENDED GLOCALIZED MENTOR & EXPERT NETWORK
(Note: 2017-18 is our 3rd year of this campaign, we started in May 2015 formally with 2 states)